The events around me affect our children as much as they affect us and cause them to react to these events. As you can imagine, children cannot react to events like we do adults, and most of the time they reveal these reactions by hiding their behavior. Sometimes these unrecognized reactions may occur as a behavioral problem in some cases and may require intervention. It is very important for families to be knowledgeable and to follow their children closely. As soon as possible, families will be able to protect their children and themselves from the consequences of these behaviors when they notice the behavioral changes that have begun in their children. This two-week series will be divided into two main topics; Davranış what are the behavioral disorders in children and what methods can be used to cope with these problems ”.
Factors thought to be the basis for behavioral problems in children:
- extreme oppressive and coercive situations
- extreme free and loose attitudes, inconsistency, chaos, disorder
- extreme protectionism
- neglect, unwarranted care and love
- loss, death
- separation, long-term separation of parents from the child
- sudden changes in living conditions
- the birth of a brother
- violence, verbal, physical, emotional
- traumatic events, accidents, fire, earthquake…
Common adaptation and behavioral disorders in children:
- Bottom wetting and fecal incontinence
- speech disorders and stuttering
- rhythmic rocking
- sleeping disorders
- phobias, fears
- self-tapping, biting and head-tapping
- do not lie
- finger sucking
- eating nails
- pluck hair, eyebrows, eyelashes
- eating disorders
- extreme stubbornness and opposition
- decreased self-confidence
- inability to express and empathize
Common Language of Adaptation and Behavioral Disorders
When parents fail to realize their education mistakes, which are often unintentional, the child cannot carry them and reveals harmony and behavioral disorders. In preschool children, adaptation and behavioral disorders are often not understood from the outside, but can be noticed by a specialist. Children unconsciously express their fears, which they cannot express with language, in their paintings.
To help parents, let's give a few examples of human pictures drawn by children.
- Big mouth: Don't be afraid of rebuke, condemnation or accusations of parents.
- Small scratching of the mouth: anorexia in children who are forced to eat.
- Big hand drawing: Don't be afraid of beating and punishment.
- Small drawing of hands: Inability to work on its own, inadequacy and insecurity.
- Great scratching of teeth: Aggression and anger tendencies.
- Lack of eyes, nose and ears: Inward closure, lack of self-confidence, escaping from the realities, breaking away from the outside world and sheltering in dreams.
You should not forget that the common feature of adaptation and behavioral disorders is lack of trust. The child does not have confidence in himself or herself. Since he cannot express his problems and worries verbally, he reflects with body language.
Next week: What methods can be used to deal with behavioral disorders in children?